University: Télécom ParisTech
Location: Palaiseau, South Paris, France
Position: Associate Professor (“Maître de conférences”), tenured permanent position
Application deadline: April 15, 2019
Starting date: September 2019
Team: Data Intelligence and Graphs (DIG)
Télécom ParisTech is one of the most selective engineering schools in France, admitting the top 5% of students of a nation-wide entrance exam in sciences. The school has a vibrant research and teaching activity in the domain of data sciences and artificial intelligence (AI), and aims at strengthening its expertise in AI. Therefore, Télécom ParisTech is hiring an Associate Professor to join the DIG team.
The DIG team has already significant international visibility with flagship projects such as MOA/SAMOA and YAGO and expertise in graph/text mining and design of approximation algorithms. With 1/3 of tenured staff from abroad, and teaching contributions to English-speaking master’s programs, it is a very internationally oriented team.
The candidate is expected to carry out innovative research in collaboration with researchers specializing in machine learning, distributed systems, databases, data mining, etc. She or he must have research and teaching experience in one or more scientific disciplines within the scope of AI, Big Data, and large-scale distributed computing.
The candidate must be able to contribute to the scientific success of Telecom ParisTech, in the form of leading publications, awards and honors, projects, and international collaborations. Télécom ParisTech is a member of the Institut Polytechnique de Paris with 4 other engineering schools.
- Design and teach courses in the field of computer science, in particular, on AI, Big Data, Data Mining, Data Engineering;
- Conduct high-quality research in computer science, AI, Big Data, Data Mining, Data Engineering, Distributed Systems in collaboration with existing teams at Télécom ParisTech, and contribute to the international visibility of the school;
- Participate in the development of partnership research, collaborations and contracts.
Level of training and / or experience required:
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- In-depth theoretical and practical knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Artificial Intelligence, Symbolic AI, Machine Learning
- Distributed Computing, Parallel Programming, Multi-Core Systems
- Massive data processing and storage, parallelization, and distribution
- Management and mining of complex, massive, distributed, heterogeneous data
- Large-scale graphs, social networks, semantic networks
- Machine Learning, distributed learning algorithms, massively parallel algorithms
- Data Stream Mining
- Teaching experience in French or English
- Fluency in oral and written English (to teach and to do research)
- French: if the candidate is not French-speaking, he or she must commit to learning French within the first few years of employment
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- International collaborations and participation in international research projects
- Publications in prestigious international journals and conferences
- Experience in scientific or industrial applications related to big data and/or distributed computing
The application deadline is over.
Please contact: Thomas Bonald (thomas dot bonald at telecom-paristech dot fr)